Your enthusiasm is contagious.
So is your passion for great technology. Why not bring them to a new kind of workplace where you can really make your mark? If you love to share your excitement, engage with people, and empower them to explore all the ways Microsoft technology can make a difference in their lives, we should get to know one another.
At a Microsoft Retail store, you will find an effort for us to connect with each community we serve. The Community Development and Events Specialist will build consumer awareness, perception, understanding, and visitation of the Microsoft Stores. Construct a robust schedule of events (e.g., Speaker Series, Class Trips) both during and after store hours, so that Microsoft retail brings the technology experience and excitement of our products directly to the consumer. In partnership with Store leadership and Microsoft Retail Stores marketing, this role will build and sustain a viable community presence and a pipeline of store visits and events for local affiliations.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Build relationships with local community groups (including schools, the Chamber of Commerce, local chapters of charitable organizations, small businesses, etc).
- Create an online presence for the stores by spearheading and contributing to social media opportunities.
- Organize store participation in (or sponsorship of) community events.
- Partner with the corporate Marketing Team to develop assets that support local community engagement initiatives.
- Partner with the corporate PR Team to create, post and respond to online content with local relevance.
- Prioritize, plan, execute, and fulfill all community engagement events.
- Track participation, ROI and overall efficacy of community outreach initiatives.
- Engage, educate, excite, and empower potential and existing customers alike with the same level of passion and commitment.
- Smile, have fun, work hard, and achieve success.
- College Degree Preferred and/or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years preferred demonstrated performance in community relations focused on excellence in service, sales, and marketing.
Skills /Abilities required
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
- High level attention to detail and superior follow through.
- A strong passion for technology and delivering world class customer service.
- Thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, public facing environment.
- Lifting with or without assistance (loading and unloading all those great products and carrying purchases out for our customers may be required!
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, we continue to expand our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences as we help others realize their potential.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you love to share your excitement, engage with people, and empower them to explore all the ways Microsoft technology can make a difference in their lives, we should get to know one another. Why not apply today?
If you would like to learn more about this position, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. Microsoft offers great benefits for all employees, a competitive salary, and has a great internal promotion rate since their first store opened. If you would like to move forward in the selection process, I would encourage you to respond to this email confirming your interest and visiting http://microsoft.talentrecruiting.com to apply for the Community Events Specialist position for the Canoga Park area. We are aggressively looking to move people forward for our key roles!
Thank you for time and consideration!
How to apply
To apply visit http://microsoft.talentrecruiting.com