Product Advisor, Microsoft Retail
Title: Product Advisor
Reports to: Store Manager
Microsoft Retail Overview: Our Passion Unites Us!
What do Microsoft employees have in common? The answer is passion – passion for life, for creating quality products and services, for great customer experience and for the people who count on us to help them realize their potential.
In Microsoft Retail, we're looking for high energy people who thrive on delivering the best customer experience possible. Warm and casual, yet knowledgeable and current, we live to delight our customers every time they visit.
As a Microsoft Retail Product Advisor, you will serve as a friendly and insightful primary point of contact for our customers. Your customer relationship and total solution selling abilities will earn the trust of customers and coworkers alike as you engage, educate, excite, and empower those around you.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Help customers discover, enable, and implement high value Microsoft technology solutions and services across a broad range of devices that meet their individual needs and exceed their expectations.
- Flawlessly execute the sales and service strategies of the Microsoft Retail organization.
- Present total solution offerings and sales support based upon each customer’s unique needs, both before and after the sale.
- Maintain expert level product knowledge in all Microsoft retail products, devices, and services offerings.
- Continuously learn through others, self- educate, share specialized knowledge, and expertly demonstrate and present the newest product and service offerings across all devices.
- Collaborate with peers, store leaders, corporate, and field team members in the development of the necessary tools and program offerings that will lead to long-term relationships with elated customers.
- Must be able to work a regular schedule as required by the needs of the business.
- Must be able to move about the store.
· Lifting/carrying (loading and unloading all those great products and carrying purchases out for our customers will be required!)
- Passion for and usage of Microsoft products and technology.
- Superior customer service/people rapport building skills, both 1:1 and in a group environment.
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem-solving, presentation skills, and multi-tasking ability.
- Teaching or training experience.
- Prior experience selling technology or other consumer products.
- Thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, public facing environment.
- Team player and ability to get along with others.
- College degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- 1 year previous retail sales, hospitality, or high level customer service experience.
Benefits of working in Microsoft Retail:
Microsoft values different life experiences and viewpoints. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to take risks and approach challenges unconventionally. At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. Our workforce reflects the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace.
In Microsoft Retail, we will invest in your learning and development, while encouraging you to make the most of your Microsoft Retail Career. So if you have an aptitude for learning and acquiring skills, a passion for people and technology – we want to hear from you!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you would like to learn more about this position, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. Microsoft offers great benefits for all employees, a competitive salary, and has a great internal promotion rate since their first store opened. If you would like to move forward in the selection process, I would encourage you to respond to visit http://microsoft.talentrecruiting.com to apply for the Product Advisor position for the Topanga Plaza Mall. We are aggressively looking to move people forward for our key roles!
How to apply: