School of Rock’s Little Wing program encourages 2-5 year olds to reach their developmental milestones through fun musical activities. The classes were designed to inspire the social and cognitive development of a child while enriching their language, literacy, and physical development. The School of Rock Little Wing Music Instructor leads each Little Wing session with the goal of creating a warm, supportive and inspiring environment for young musicians aged 2 through 5.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for preparing, providing, and concluding each Little Wing session. All class content, materials and activities are provided.
· Demonstrate a warm command of the lesson room and be capable of communicating students’ musical progress to parents.
· Provide high energy, and be well received by parents of young kids.
· Lead each class in a fun and engaging manner to keep the Little Wing participants moving through the educational program
· Must be an organized person who exudes enthusiasm and commitment to providing high quality music education to children under the age of 6.
· Experience working with groups of children under the age of 6.
· Enthusiastic, with high energy, yet persistently calm in their dealing with kids and parents.
· Relates well to parents and kids, and has a pleasant voice.
· Happy person with a positive demeanor; someone who smiles often.
· Understands the basics of music (pitch & beat), being a musician is a plus but not required.
· Understands how to engage an audience; theatre, dance, or vocals background is a plus but not required
· Educational credits in early childhood development is a plus but not required.
Qualified candidates send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]