Warm and welcoming congregation in West Hills seeks Administrative Assistant to the Clergy and Event Scheduler. This is a part time position with growth potential.
Responsibilities are as follows:
• Answering the phone, transferring calls, taking messages.
• Welcome visitors and act as a "concierge" to synagogue members, providing high quality customer service at all times.
• Interface with and welcome prospective and new members.
• Act as assistant to Rabbi and Associate Rabbi:
- Coordinate & maintain calendars
- Prepare teaching materials
- Prepare weekly Shabbat announcements for Rabbi
- Work with Communications Coordinator on providing important details regarding life cycle events (Bar Mitzvah, Weddings, etc)
- Coordinate learning groups and other classes lead by the Rabbis
• Assist members in coordination of their life cycle events (calendar, materials)
• Manage correspondence (thank you letters, condolence letters, congratulations letters, etc.)
• Assist with internal STS communications
• Meet the general day to day needs of the clergy
• Act as liaison to Bar/Bat Mitzvah families for communication, questions, scheduling, and correspondence.
• Above average communication skills
• Above average customer service skills
• Strong computer skills
• Able to juggle multiple tasks, stay on track, and meet deadlines
• A genuine interest in people and appreciation of their diversity
• A desire to 'pitch in' and be a team player
• Knowledge of Judaism a plus but will consider strong candidates who are eager to learn
The right individual will have opportunity for growth and development within our synagogue.