Office Machine Repair Technician Trainee: Woodland Hills
A Woodland Hills Office Machine Repair Business is immediately hiring an individual who would like to learn the office machine repair business.
- You will be trained on computers, printers, typewriters and other office machines.
- You can learn to diagnose, repair and perform preventative maintenance on the full line of black and white or color desktop copiers, printers, fax machines, computers, desktop and laptop computers, and many more.
- You will learn to perform BASIC REPAIRS including - installing Operating Systems, RAM, Hard Drives, removing passwords, clearing memory, installing drivers, etc. on computers.
- You will utilize systems in place for walk in service tickets, parts usage and transfer of inventory.
- You will learn to utilize the telephone for answering customer calls and getting approval for repairs using various troubleshooting methods
- You will adhere to all procedures including specific parts replacement and maintenance procedures while completing paperwork in a timely basis.
- We will show you how to properly maintain and inventory all parts and support equipment while establishing and maintaining a professional relationship with each individual customer.
- You will handle CUSTOMER SERVICE tasks including meeting and greeting customers, checking customers out, answering questions, and providing customers with clear, concise information regarding the status of their equipment. You will also carry the customer’s machines to and from their vehicles.
- You will gather information from the customer as a tool to resolve problems while utilizing websites, technical manuals, handbooks and technical publications to keep current with new equipment and enhancements to old.
- There are general office duties including but not limited to sweeping and or vacuuming needed areas, emptying trash, washing windows as this is a small local business.
- Valid & Clean driver's license as well as reliable transportation a must with the ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Strong relationship skills with customers and personnel within the organization, as well as strong organizational skills. Employee must represent themselves and will establish and maintain a professional relationship with each individual customer. Professional attire (white shirt and red tie) is required at all times and a clean white smock is provided during working hours.
- Must have strong ethics and work as an effective, collaborative team member with reliable and consistent attendance.
- Be open to normal business hours of M - F 8:30 to 5:00 pm or 9:30 to 6:00 pm
- You must be a non smoker.
- HELPFUL BUT NOT NECESSARY:
- Be versed in numerous office equipment including but not limited to: desktop copiers, scanners, laser printers, inkjet printers, fax machines, plotters, Computers, laptop computers, etc.
- Associates Degree or certificate from a vocational or technical school preferred, but not necessary.
- 1-2+ years in a technical repair career with prior experience repairing and servicing HP, Sharp, Xerox, or Ricoh equipment highly desired.
- Must understand the operation, repair, general maintenance and adjustment procedures of all equipment worked on. You can also be trained on numerous different types of office equipment.
Please attach your resume and cover letter for further consideration!
Business Machines Center