Position: Bookkeeper/Staff Accountant/Property Accountant
About the Company: The Rodin Company is a boutique property management company based in Sherman Oaks that has been in business for over 40 years; we manage commercial and residential properties in Southern California.
Business Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Business Hours: 8:30am-5:00pm
Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Prepare and maintain monthly financial statements with adequate supporting schedules for our clients- this includes maintaining general ledger, preparing journal entries and providing an analysis of their completed financial statement
- Prepare month end bank reconciliations
- Perform daily operations in accounts receivables and payables.
- Responsible for daily property deposits – online remote capture and bank deposits
- Preparation of vacancy & delinquency reports
- Accountable for the billing of commercial properties
- Process timely business tax returns and payments
- CAM reconciliations
- Assist with other accounting projects as needed – budgets, cash flow reports, 1099 filings, etc.
- Oversee onsite residential property managers
- Responsible for maintaining parent company books
- Payroll administration, recordkeeping and reporting – Process payroll (ADP)
Education/ Work Experience/Qualifications:
· Accounting experience in property management.
· 4-year college degree in finance. Accounting or business degree (or equivalent) a plus.
· Financial software experience (Skyline and QuickBooks).
· Highly proficient in Word and Excel.
· Handle multiple projects and work independently.
· Extremely organized and detail oriented.
· Strong analytical skills, able to grasp complex concepts and procedures.
· Good judgment and ability to make sound decisions.
· Pleasant and professional phone skills, grammar and communications skills.
· Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.